Nominations for TCIA’s Award of Merit are now open! Use the button below to make a submission on who you think should be our Award of Merit 2020 submission!
TCIA’s 2019 Award of Merit
The Award of Merit is the highest honor paid by TCIA to an individual or company that represents leadership in the field of arboriculture and long-term commitment to the industry. TCIA doesn’t give an Award of Merit each year, one reason why this Award is considered our industry’s most prestigious recognition.
Winners are announced at TCIA’s annual Winter Management Conference.
Award of Merit is bestowed on Scott Prophett
The following is the text of Alan Jones’ presentation of the Award of Merit at Winter Management Conference in Puerto Vallarta in February.
The Award of Merit is the highest honor TCIA can bestow upon one of its members. Nominations are solicited from the membership and a final honoree is selected by the Awards Committee. The committee is comprised of the three most recent past chairs of the Board of Directors. The committee’s recommendation is then reviewed by the Board. As you can see, there is a fairly rigorous process for selectin the recipient of this distinguished award.
Given the nature of this honor, I ask that the past recipients of the Award of Merit please rise and be recognized:
- Robert A. Bartlett, Jr.
- Dan Christie
- Pat Felix
- Peter Gerstenberger
- John R. Hendricksen
- Jeanne Houser
- Lauren Lanphear
- Walter E. Money
- Jerry Morey
- A Representative from Asplundh Tree Expert Company
- A Representative from the F.A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company
- A Representative from the Davey Tree Expert Company
I know that all of you in the audience agree that it would be difficult, if not impossible, to find a group of people more dedicated to the tree care industry than those assembled here on the stage. Please join me in thanking them for the outstanding contributions to TCIA.
Once again, we’ve produced a short video to explain a bit more about the Award of Merit and this year’s recipient.
Please join me in congratulating the 2019 TCIA Award of Merit recipient, Mr. Scott Prophett!
- 2018 Richard Goforth
- 2017 Mark Garvin
- 2016 Tom Tolkacz
- 2015 Dennis Ryan
- 2014 Dr. John Ball
- 2013 Terrill Collier
- 2012 Jeanne Houser
- 2011 Jerry Morey
- 2010 Greg Daniels
- 2009 Dan Christie
- 2008 Tim Johnson
- 2007 Mark Tobin
- 2006 Peter Gerstenberger
- 2005 Robert A. Bartlett Jr
- 2004 Lauren Lanphear
- 2003 Gary R. Mullane and Robert Mullane
- 2002 Donald F. Blair
- 2001 Pat Felix and John Britton
- 2000 The Stockbridge School of Agriculture, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- 1999 F. David Dickson* and Paul P. McFarland
- 1998 Robert A. Bartlett, Sr.
- 1997 Robert Felix
- 1996 John R. Hendricksen
- 1995 Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
- 1994 P. P. Pirone and Paul Wolfe II
- 1993 Dr. Alex Shigo
- 1992 and Dr. Richard Harris
- 1991 and George Tyler
- 1990 and Walter E. Money
- 1988 Hyland R. Johns
- 1987 Erik H. Haupt
- 1986 Richard G. Alvarez
- 1985 The Davey Tree Expert Company
- 1983 Professor Gordon King
- 1982 The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company
- 1981 Earl J. Sinnamon
- 1979 H. M. Van Wormer and Dr. L. C. Chadwick
- 1978 Dr. Paul E. Tilford and Ross Farrens and Edwin E. Irish
- 1980 John Z. Duling and Freeman L. Parr
- 1984 Ray Gustin, Jr. and William P. Lanphear